Monday, December 26, 2005

You are always alone said
the philosopher stretching his toes
by the fire
and slowly curled back
in his behemoth chair bedazzled
under the taciturn weight of
italicized words untouchable to watch while
amusement played his very lips
in the form of inhalation and breathing
and ignoble fingers
Marry you have smitten fair religia and you
wiped my tears away in the dark
that was Germania, narrow,
-- now I see what lies beneath it all that
you cannot even be calculated wrath, but calm, in this
room or windy streets in weathered midday dust
old men in libarary basements
afraid of speed of turns/
or asleep in a park with the open sun
Have yourself unripened foreshorn
your secrets of authenticity rape and echoing corridors
shown me the spinning of my brittle
limbs while I closed my eyes and set
me heart shored these weaknesses and promises and
held my own hand and after the chaos and
leverage of constancy in this stacked deck of
who could wipe my tears away and who could
redeem the good in the morning
while the shadows synthetic reflections of situations and
adjust their billboard lives
in a heaving that taken one breath a smile
and populate the streets in merciless
normalcy and halls and stocking rooms
chores and revelry now listen,
there are some that even look like me, and
fester their unsang brilliance always right behind me
or one day ahead of me
while I sleep or hide unrousingly
conscious in the sprint of three thousand years
or on Nevsky where I am only a
prick of nightmarish episodes and thick
unfolding storied, faith
-- their loose tails and ripening mouths
-- faith in the past and cohesion
have whirled fantasy in sensation around me
in tricks of words and gesture
As I lie awake after I
shrug the toy of weighty prayer and mirthless
purpose / stack in step
into my life and
Even there 'back on the street' parrying enchantment
and lapping up the push of movement (this dust
in my hair) the bright-eyed shadows know me
changing my past to fit my little fingers and
little passions deliberating
my / options erasing my steps with
one in front one behind the vantage
is a corner with the
precision of pen on dry paper
and I could go on and on Philosophy
draw charts and rhyme in fumbling
rhyme, or kill you with love
and never live
but I'll leave that to you

No comments: