Sunday, December 18, 2005

Old Grey Rock Stone


classroom


Old Grey Rock Stone
Set - against crescent - highs
Long had - the path - worn up and on -
For - us to find you - here!

The face the face - a familiar one
Expecting - this - laureled - gaze
Drawing - tight - breath to consider speech -
For we were on - this side!

Heart - beats bloods - bleed
Building - to trace Stone's time -
The object - blood built is then revealed -
And I was on - that side!

Tremors of - up - Lips of Joy - stomach of Fire -
Shroud in this - different - gaze!
Blood runs twice - with toes of purple -
As old gray Rock - justifies!

With "further to go" now - and "this is the I"
Lifting the - hands so light!
Long had the path worn on and up
I strike again - create -

Old Grey Rock Stone -
Chooses - his words - again
After a - silence - he gathers my nerves
And smiles - with heart - unmoved!

Not the words - I was to wear -
Expectation's - boyish - drowns
Brain limps - to strike - now hurts - the brain -
- Cooling - Blood - under press - of doubt

See through me then old grey Stone!
Indifference - screwing out - hollows
The blood - that was - mine the blood - to make -
Against - me - now plays - in time!

No comments: