Thursday, December 01, 2005

Phone Call Pulls me from my Reading, Various Pictures



xlyubnik



Today I pretended
than an ex-lover
called me
on the slim black
phone in the corner
of my room

Carpet weighed my steps:
my voice was no expectation
like glass under
a blue sky.
I sat down after I
did not recognize the voice

While she made small
talk I weighed grandiose
plans, imaging one
night of reluctant leg
nudity: fleshy weight
before a testing kiss, then

A realization of
her proximity pricked
me: to exude my
pleasure at the happiness
cherry season had brought her,
I wanted her greed

The way she opens
to the world, and
I was softer: and
louder in my reassurance.
For how she draws who I was
who: I can be

There was never any kiss
She finally says, removed
of the prosaic heart tugs.
Why bring that up at
a time like this?
she holds, lingers in reasons

No comments: