Thursday, November 18, 2004

Vozdootion the air was

blurryskij.jpg



Vozdootion the air was
cold and moist with oily spit
but not in the metro
where I hurried with
my backpack like a
plastic bag sidestepping
melting lumps  of timidly liquid while
and dirt the girl sat
with an outstretched flare
of blonde a hand pining
for two Roubles and in
the other a tiny baby
Other days I had barely
noticed her or the
statue of Lenin sweeping
across Finskii Vokzal
fingers a slipping gesture
only today the man
in front of me handed her
a coin as she had it between
her breasts in spite of a
heartbeat and then again
a small white teacup
The Square of Lenin
they call it just that
Pining such a weak word
As is 24,000,000
 maybe I deserve it:
the tear feeling just
screwed out of my eyes
her eyes did not ever skip
and the man walked on
adjusted his fur hat
as he stepped onto the escalator

No comments: