Monday, February 21, 2005

"you were dancing in a garden of glass"


wes
"
ho ho, you've stumbled onto some of my poetry, pretty little blonde girl - and to think, right at a time when I'm trying to impress you with my depth and sensitivity - what an insane coincidence, isn't life so weird?  Yes, but what if you had stumbled upon,


I dreamt about you girl

  blonde beast

  you were dancing in a garden of glass

 breath-light glass elves glass

bumblebees a-watching

and i had a bat

   you bled like it was your birthday

      I kinda liked it



Then we'd sure have to have a talk!  Through lawyers. 

But I'd help you plan the candle-light vigil.  That's how romantic I am.


 Oh that I could up and write,



 I'll unwrap you like a present

  little blonde girl

 There will be time for sorries

  later, trust me


and mean it.  That's what pretty little blonde girls are looking for in the 19-year-old-poet.

The Ultra-Violence is on its way out as a joke - no, trust me - so I'm really going to have to consider what to have you accidentally read next.
 
Would that I could make you regret me

 - and conquer the conquering of you."

{1998}

No comments: